Conditions of Carriage
Tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions set out below. The passenger, by purchasing the ticket, confirms that he/she accepts and understands the terms and conditions and that he/she is aware of all conditions of carriage of IlulaBus.
Exclusion of Liability
All persons entering an IlulaBus vehicle and/or property owned by IlulaBus or under its control do so entirely AT THEIR OWN RISK.
IlulaBus is not liable for any loss or damages (including consequential or special damages or loss of profits), loss of life, bodily injury or damage to or loss of property of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused, and whether or not caused by IlulaBus, its directors, its officers, servants, agents or any other person acting on behalf of or under the control of IlulaBus, arising out of or connected in any way with the transportation or non-transportation by IlulaBus of any passenger or persons and/or their property.
- The ticket is proof of the agreement of transport between IlulaBus, the purchaser of the ticket, and the passenger, and the accompanying terms and conditions are the entire agreement between the passenger and IlulaBus.
- A ticket is valid for use only by the passenger to whom it is issued and for the route, date, and time shown thereon. The passenger will be required to produce their unique ticket reference number and appropriate identification to check-in. Please note the additional requirements for minor children further on.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that the correct information is shown on the ticket. Any alteration to a ticket may render it invalid.
- Passengers are not allowed to break their journey into multiple legs unless separate tickets are issued for each individual journey.
- Only tickets purchased from IlulaBus or its appointed agents will be valid. Any tickets obtained from any other place or person not being an IlulaBus agent will be void and the bearer of such tickets shall have no claim whatsoever against IlulaBus and/or any of its directors, officers, servants, agents, or any other person acting on behalf of or under the control of IlulaBus for any damages whatsoever.
- The rights and title in and to tickets are non-transferrable. Tickets may however be transferred to another date and time as set out below whereupon new tickets shall be issued.
- In the case of credit card bookings made via IlulaBus ‘s website or call centre, the ticket will be automatically cancelled unless the cardholder complies with all requirements stipulated during the booking process, which may include that the credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) and the ID document of the cardholder must be presented upon boarding the IlulaBus vehicle or at an IlulaBus office at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
Ticket Cancellations and Changes
A ticket can be cancelled or converted into IlulaMoola issued subject to the following:
More than 24 hours prior to travel
- R50 admin fee
- Reschedule is possible
- Credit converted into IlulaMoola
- Refund permitted
Within 24 hours prior to travel
- R75 penalty applies
- Reschedule is possible
- Credit converted into IlulaMoola
- No refund
Within 3 hours of travel
- No Refund
- No Credit
- No Reschedule
- Change in fees applicable
To cancel or change a ticket, please notify the nearest IlulaBus office, or the agent where the ticket was purchased, or call +27 (0)21 185 09697. Positive proof of identification will be required which must be emailed to Central Reservations using the email address: email@example.com
Timetables and Schedules
- Whilst IlulaBus will make all reasonable effort to keep to its scheduled
timetables, IlulaBus does not guarantee any arrival or departure times, and it does not accept any liability for any loss or damage incurred by any passenger, or inconvenience experienced by any person, due to a delay or cancellation of any service for whatsoever reason.
- IlulaBus reserves the right to cancel any of its services for any reason without prior notice. IlulaBus will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by passengers because of such cancellation.
- IlulaBus makes every effort to ensure connections with other transport operators, where appropriate. However, IlulaBus will not be liable for loss or damage caused by any failure to make such connections with other transport operators.
- IlulaBus makes every effort to ensure that technical breakdowns are avoided, however where such breakdowns do occur IlulaBus will not be liable for any consequential loss (directly or indirectly) or damage caused by such breakdown
- Passengers must be at the departure point 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time for domestic departures, and 1 (one) hour for cross-border departures.
- Carriage of passengers arriving within 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time is not guaranteed, and save in the event of hospitalization or death, any such passenger may not be allowed to travel, and the ticket may be made available to standby passengers on a first come first serve basis. IlulaBus shall not be liable and is exempted from any loss, damage, or any claim occasioned by such cancellation.
- Children under 12 years will not be allowed to travel alone and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian older than 18 years.
- Children between 12 and 18 years will be allowed to travel alone, provided that a prescribed IlulaBus indemnity form was completed by the legal guardian or parent in respect of each unaccompanied child. Please enquire with the consultant or agent upon purchase of the ticket.
- Children younger than three years may travel free of charge on the lap of a parent or legal guardian, provided that only one child per parent or legal guardian is allowed.
- Unless IlulaBus and a passenger agree otherwise, and at the sole discretion of IlulaBus, each fare-paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and AT OWN RISK, two pieces of luggage and goods, each of which does not exceed 80cm x 60cm x 30cm in size, and of a total mass (all luggage and goods combined) not exceeding 20kg for domestic departures.
- IlulaBus reserves the right to charge an additional rate of R5.00 per kilogram for luggage exceeding the abovementioned limits. The kilograms as weighed by ground crew’s scales will be the chargeable kilograms. In instances where such scales are not available charges will be as per the latest IlulaBus Luggage Price List.
- IlulaBus reserves the right to refuse the carriage of luggage, goods, or any person in its sole discretion.
- Passengers should obtain an IlulaBus luggage sticker when boarding. Unaccompanied luggage will not be carried. Passengers should ensure that their luggage is loaded into the luggage compartments by IlulaBus ‘s employees, agents, or other persons acting for or on behalf of IlulaBus before boarding.
- Although IlulaBus does everything possible to prevent any loss, injury or death to its passengers, IlulaBus is not liable, to the fullest extent permissible at law, for any loss, damage, death or injury whatsoever and howsoever arising, including but not limited to, claims arising from the transportation or non-transportation of persons or goods or loss or damage to passengers’ luggage, goods, hand luggage, personal effects, personal safety, bodily injury, death or loss of income or profits, and the passenger in accepting the ticket indemnifies IlulaBus to the fullest extent permissible at law against any claims whatsoever and howsoever arising whether direct, indirect or consequential damages, and whether existing, immediate or future loss, damages, death or injury, including any liability that may arise at common law, statutory law, on an equitable basis, natural law, international law, customary law, indigenous law or in terms of any other law or international instrument applicable in any country serviced by IlulaBus
- IlulaBus will not participate in any way whatsoever in the transportation of weapons or any illicit goods, money, or persons, and will co-operate in full of the authorities in any country, to combat crime.
- IlulaBus will not transport the following: weapons, firearms, and ammunition (unless arranged and agreed to in writing by IlulaBus, or any explosives, fireworks, any illegal items including drugs, substances used to manufacture narcotics and illegal cigarettes, hazardous materials including acids, batteries containing liquid acid, gases in cylinders, flammable, corrosive or caustic materials or products, poisons and radioactive materials or products, live animals, abattoir products, corpses, assembled coffins, perishable goods including, but not limited to meat, fish, any other food or perishable food products (save for food and beverages taken on-board for consumption whilst travelling), dry ice, used fuel tanks, paint and plants.
- Subject to the provisions of clauses as set out above, IlulaBus will transport the following items provided the item(s) are properly packaged and protected: fluorescent signs, sporting equipment (not constituting a weapon of any kind) including bicycles (must be boxed), fishing rods and surfboards, televisions and electronic equipment.
- Large items must be carried in the luggage compartment and loaded only by IlulaBus ‘s employees, agents, or other persons acting for or on behalf of IlulaBus
- IlulaBus may in its sole discretion and without the giving of any reason, refuse the transport of any goods and no liability shall be attracted by such refusal.
- In the event that IlulaBus is held to be liable for any loss, damage, death, or injury by any court with competent jurisdiction, all and any direct, indirect, and consequential damages shall in total be limited to an amount not exceeding R3, 000 (Three Thousand Rand) for cross-border travellers, notwithstanding the nominated foreign currency, and the amount of R3000 (Three Thousand Rand) for travelling within the Republic of South Africa. In respect of cross-border travellers, the relevant exchange rate shall be the applicable rate prevailing on the date of actual payment.
- IlulaBus broadcasts family-friendly video and audio material on all coaches.
- IlulaBus does not guarantee the availability of on-board video and audio material on any coach.
- IlulaBus reserves the right to inspect the ticket, travel documents, luggage, goods, packages, and parcels of any passenger.
- IlulaBus reserves the right to refuse to transport or continue to transport, any passenger(s) or their luggage or goods provided that such refusal shall not result in any unfair discrimination.
- Smoking and the use of alcohol or drugs on any IlulaBus vehicle are prohibited and forbidden by law and shall not be allowed on IlulaBus .’s vehicles. IlulaBus reserves the right not to transport any passenger who enters any IlulaBus vehicle whilst intoxicated and will forfeit the respective ticket without recourse
- IlulaBus reserves the right to revise seat allocations without prior notice and to operate substitute vehicles of a different standard from those advertised should operational requirements or circumstances so dictate.
- Fares are subject to change without prior notice from IlulaBus Quotes are valid only at the time the quotation is provided unless expressly indicated otherwise.
- Except for trained guide dogs accompanying blind passengers, no pets will be allowed on IlulaBus
- Expectant mothers: No passengers are allowed beyond 30 weeks of pregnancy. All passengers within 30 weeks of pregnancy must provide a medical certificate confirming their fitness to travel.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.ilulabus.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.